Monday 27 February 2012

The Secret of the Nagas


Book Title         : The Secret of the Nagas
Author               : Amish Tripati
Year Published  : 2011
Date I Read      : 15 Feb 2012
My Rating         : 7/10

Theme

The Secret of the Nagas is part 2 of the Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripati. It continues the story of Shiva as a human god and his quest to find evil.

What I thought about it
I really liked the characters of Vasudevas - the group of people assigned by an avatar of Vishnu to help the avatar of Rudhra (Shiva). Since Shiva becomes leader no one can advice him or give opinion. These characters easily bridge the gap. The author successfully uses them to bridge a lot of gaps in the story/

I am going to skip review of the book in fear of giving away too much of the story. I highly recommend this book. Do check out the series

Related links

The Secret of the Nagas in Wikipedia
Amish Tripati in Wikipedia
Shiva Trilogy in his Website
 
Challenges

Linking this to letter S for A to Z by Title

Linking this to #4 for South Asian Books

No comments:

Post a Comment